[Instantrails-users] Conflict with currently running MySQL instance

Ken Barker ken.barker at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 14:37:36 EDT 2005

Hey Curt,

I tried Instant Rails 1.0 preview2 on my Win2K Pro laptop. Everything worked
great with one exception. The Instant Rails MySQL conflicted with my
currently running MySQL instance. I am sure this was a Port conflict.

Two things:

1. The message that popped up stated that "Apache cannot be runned : another
Web server use the Web port". The title of this message box was MySQL and
the MySQL service indicator was still red.
2. Where/how do I define a different port for MySQL and what are the impacts
on my rails apps?

Thanks.

Ken