[Instantrails-users] Strange Path Problem

Alex Ezell aezell at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 18:41:51 EST 2005

On 11/28/05, David Morton <mortonda at dgrmm.net> wrote:
> Alex Ezell wrote:
> > I have the sample cookbook app working fine. However, when I create a
> > new rails app and add a new Virtual Host to httpd.conf and a new hosts
> > entry and start the scgi server, the page being shown is still the
> > cookbook app.
> > Any ideas?
> When a request comes in to apache, if it doesn't match exactly on a ServerName
> directive, it will use the first virtual host found in the config file.  Did you
> modify the ServerName line?  Is it exactly the same as your hosts file and what
> you use in the URL?

Yes, everything matches. I even tried taking out the VirtualHost entry
for the cookbook app altogether and I still was getting the cookbook
app. As I said, it was even showing me an old index.html for the
cookbook app after I modified it just to see if I could see the

Alex Ezell
"Formal Restrictions, contrary to what you might think,
free you up by allowing you to concentrate on purer ideas."
 - Winter Sorbeck in Chip Kidd's "The Cheese Monkeys"