[Instantrails-users] Cookbook app not working

Jeff jeff at deskrate.com
Sat Nov 26 22:54:52 EST 2005

On 11/26/05, Curt Hibbs <curt.hibbs at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 11/26/05, David Morton <mortonda at dgrmm.net> wrote:
> >

> > >     [Sat Nov 26 12:48:53 2005] [error] [client 127.0.0.1
> > >     <http://127.0.0.1>] Premature end of
> > >     script headers: /recipe/list
> > >     [Sat Nov 26 12:48:53 2005] [error] [client 127.0.0.1
> > >     <http://127.0.0.1>] scgi: error
> > >     reading response headers
> >
> > Looks to me like the scgi server isn't running.  Did you start the scgi
> process?
>
> As an experiment, I tried browsing to the cookbook app without starting the
> SCGI server. I didn't get the error log entries that Jeff is reporting.
> Instead I got this:
>
>   [Sat Nov 26 21:07:37 2005] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] (10061)Unknown
> error: scgi: connecting to server
>
> So, I don't think that is the problem.
>
> Curt

I tried the same thing on another computer and it works fine there. So
I'm certainly trying the right things and the SCGI server is running
but might be getting blocked somehow. I do have ZoneAlarm installed on
this computer but I'd tried running it after shutting down ZoneAlarm
but I still got the same result. Any suggestions on how to
troubleshoot to figure out what might be causing the problem.