[Instantrails-users] Redirect remains from cookbook app

da pendragon dapendragon at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 12:54:15 EST 2005

On 11/23/05, Curt Hibbs <curt.hibbs at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 11/23/05, da pendragon <dapendragon at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi, I'm just getting started with Ruby on Rails, and InstantRails was
> > the perfect solution for me to get up and running with Ruby on Rails fast.
> > However, I've run into a small problem: I've created a new app, but whenever
> > I access it using an invalid URL or just the mysite.com/ (using a
> > virtual server) directory, apache tries to redirect me to the cookbook
> > tutorial app. I've removed the virtual server settings in httpd.conf,
> > and set the proper path in .htaccess, but I still get redirected. What am I
> > missing?
> Did you set the DocumentRoot & Directory directives in you new app's
> VirtualHost section?
> If you posted your VirtualHost section, it'll be easier for us to help.
> Curt

Thanks for responding. Here's my VirtualHost section:

<VirtualHost *>
    ServerName www.myapp.net
    # handle all requests through SCGI
    SCGIMount /
    DocumentRoot ${path}/rails_apps/myapp/public
    <Directory ${path}/rails_apps/myapp/public>
        Options +FollowSymLinks
        Order allow,deny
        allow from all
    AddDefaultCharset utf-8
    ErrorDocument 500 ${path}/rails_apps/myapp/public/500.html
    ErrorDocument 404 ${path}/rails_apps/myapp/public/404.html
    # matches locations with a dot following at least one more characters,
    # that is, things like   *.html, *.css, *.js, which should be delivered
    # directly from the filesystem. Also matches the following
    # subdirectories: images, javascript(s), stylesheets
        # don't handle those with SCGI
        SCGIHandler Off
    <LocationMatch "^/$">
        # don't handle just / with SCGI