[Instantrails-users] apache refuses to start because of port conflict

Curt Hibbs curt.hibbs at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 16:55:58 EST 2005

On 11/17/05, Frank Hale <frankhale at gmail.com> wrote:

> Ok here is a stupid solution to the problem. If run Apache and then
> start InstantRails I don't get the idiotic error message saying it's
> conflicting with the web port.

Yeah, this is because IR detects that its copy of Apache is already running
and does not attempt to start it.

The fact that you can start Apache manually says that you really don't have
a port conflict and the error mesage is bogus. I'll put this on my todo list
to look at, but its going to be tough to debug a problem I can't reproduce.