[Instantrails-users] apache refuses to start because of port conflict

Frank Hale frankhale at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 11:20:08 EST 2005

Here is the deal. I'm trying out the latest Instant Rails and when I
start it Apache claims that the web port is being used.

"Apache cannot be runned : another Web server use the Web port"

Okay, no problem. I went into the Apache configuration and changed the
port it was binding to. However I get the same problem.

The troubleshooting continues, so I install Apache by itself and out
of the box Apache runs fine (ie no port conflicts with port 80).

So now I'm pretty clueless, Apache by itself runs but Apache that
comes with Instant Rails will not run at all.