[Instantrails-users] Typo 2.6.0 new cache folder

E Gard x2egard at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 17 11:16:10 EST 2005

Hi David,
  Currently, at the top of my cache folder are the following folders/files:
  articles (folder)
  images (folder)
  stylesheets (folder)
  Before the change, like above, a cached index.html file was stored in the app's
  public folder and served up even when there were new posts to the blog.
  It was driving me crazy, the site seemed to frozen in time.
  This occurred back in Typo 2.5.6 and may not be the case any more.
  Another thing I like about having ALL of the cache file in one place is that I can
  delete them by hand and not worry about deleting something needed by the blog.
  I'm also going to add the cache folder to the list for no SCGI, just in case
  that might be an issue.  This may not be needed, but its my nature.
  Please post any updates on the caching issues.  I'm not up to speed
  on the rewriting rules or apache, in general.  Love to learn more.

E Gard wrote:
>  Hi,
> I've changed the location of the cache files in Typo.  It was putting all
> of the files in the public folder and this seemed to cause issues with
> blog serving wrong files.

This is normal behaviour, or supposed to be; caching is done by the webserver
serving files directly without calling the scgi/rails environment.

Changing that does not help with caching unless some other fancy rewriiting
rules are used. (If possible)

How is it serving the wrong files?

- --
David Morton