[Instantrails-users] Typo 2.6.0: Typo Themes missing graphics. (Third and hopefully the last Try!)

E Gard x2egard at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 17 00:39:07 EST 2005

OK, OK, OK....

  First, the admin isn't working, then the blog isn't working.

  The issue, two images folders, one in public and one in the theme.

  Here are the Third Try steps:

  1) From a previous older post
  To get the admin stylesheet to work with a theme
    a) Move public/stylesheets/admin.css to themes/azure/stylesheets
    b) Edit /config/routes.rb and add the following line
       to the file:

  map.connect 'stylesheets/:filename', :controller => 'theme', :action => 'stylesheets'

  ( I added the above at line 60 in the file)

  2) Change ALL image refs in themes/azure/stylesheets/azure.css
  OLD
   url(../../images

  NEW
   url(../../theme_images

  This avoids the conflict with the "images" in the httpd.conf file.

  3) Revert the httpd.conf file back to:
  #****************************** typo 2.6.0 ****************************************
  <VirtualHost *>
      ##### TYPO #####
      ServerName typo260
      # handle all requests through SCGI
      SCGIMount / 127.0.0.1:9990

      # (*** CHANGE #1 FOR TYPO ***)
      # Changed to Typo folder (typo-2.5.6) - Ed Gard 10/15/05
      DocumentRoot ${path}/rails_apps/typo-2.6.0/public
      <Directory ${path}/rails_apps/typo-2.6.0/public>
          Options +FollowSymLinks
          Order allow,deny
          allow from all
      </Directory>
      AddDefaultCharset utf-8
      ErrorDocument 500 /500.html
      ErrorDocument 404 /404.html
      # matches locations with a dot following at least one more characters,
      # that is, things like   *.html, *.css, *.js, which should be delivered
      # directly from the filesystem. Also matches the following
      # subdirectories: images, javascript(s), stylesheets

      # (*** CHANGE #2 FOR TYPO ***)
      # For Typo, removed stylesheets in list below - Ed Gard 10/16/05
      <LocationMatch ^/(images|javascript|javascripts|pics|pic2|audio|pdf|[^/]+\.[^/]+$)>
          # don't handle those with SCGI
          SCGIHandler Off
      </LocationMatch>

  </VirtualHost>

  Once again, I am eager to see what others have come up with while working
  with Typo.  Did the above really solve the theme issues?

  My Typo blog appears, now,  to be working correctly, but that may not mean much...

E Gard <x2egard at yahoo.com> wrote:  Hi,

  Well, my first atempt to fixing the theme's graphics issues has caused more
  trouble.  Without lots of messing typo, it doesn't work!.  The public/images folder
  MUST be excluded from SCGI, but not the "images" folders under the themes folder.

  So, another attempt:

  <LocationMatch ^/(public/images|javascript|javascripts|pics|pic2|audio|pdf|[^/]+\.[^/]+$)>
          # don't handle those with SCGI
          SCGIHandler Off
      </LocationMatch>

  Notice the "public/images" above.  This excludes the static images in
  Typo, but allows the "images" under the themes to be served by
  SCGI and the rails routing.  Hopefully, this fixes the themes graphics and doesn't
  break ALL of the static image links in Typo.

  P.S. If you are using themes other than the Typo defa!  ult,   you'll need to
         fix the layout/default.rhtml file to match the updated one in the
         default theme (azure).

Eric Lund <eric at coolworks.com> wrote:          Hi,

  Thanks  for your tips on getting Typo running in Instant Rails.  I'm JUST  getting my feet wet and Instant Rails has b!  een great!  I've just set up Typo 2.6.0 in Instant Rails preview5  and I've been to resolve all my issues so far with your advice.

  I  wanted to follow up that when I removed "images" from the "don't use  SCGI" section it did fix the problem with the theme graphics, but it  broke the graphics for the admin pages!

  I'm  still wrapping my head around all this and but it seems that if instead  of removing 'images' from the list, I change it to 'images/admin'  then the graphics work on both the admin pa!  ges and the blog itself.

  Not sure   that's the best fix (indeed I'm not really sure what I did!), but a fix   nonetheless.

  Thanks,

  Eric
Instantrails-users mailing   list
Instantrails-users at rubyforge.org