[Instantrails-users] Typo 2.6.0: Typo Themes missing graphics. (Second Try)

E Gard x2egard at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 16 20:25:08 EST 2005

Hi,

  Well, my first atempt to fixing the theme's graphics issues has caused more
  trouble.  Without lots of messing typo, it doesn't work!.  The public/images folder
  MUST be excluded from SCGI, but not the "images" folders under the themes folder.

  So, another attempt:

  <LocationMatch ^/(public/images|javascript|javascripts|pics|pic2|audio|pdf|[^/]+\.[^/]+$)>
          # don't handle those with SCGI
          SCGIHandler Off
      </LocationMatch>

  Notice the "public/images" above.  This excludes the static images in
  Typo, but allows the "images" under the themes to be served by
  SCGI and the rails routing.  Hopefully, this fixes the themes graphics and doesn't
  break ALL of the static image links in Typo.

  P.S. If you are using themes other than the Typo default, you'll need to
         fix the layout/default.rhtml file to match the updated one in the
         default theme (azure).

Eric Lund <eric at coolworks.com> wrote:          Hi,

  Thanks for your tips on getting Typo   running in Instant Rails.  I'm JUST getting my feet wet and Instant Rails   has been great!  I've just set up Typo 2.6.0 in Instant Rails preview5 and   I've been to resolve all my issues so far with your   advice.

  I wanted   to follow up that when I removed "images" from the "don't use SCGI" section it   did fix the problem with the theme graphics, but it broke the graphics for the   admin pages!

  I'm   still wrapping my head around all this and but it seems that if instead of   removing 'images' from the list, I change it to 'images/admin' then the   graphics work on both the admin pages and the blog   itself.

  Not sure   that's the best fix (indeed I'm not really sure what I did!), but a fix   nonetheless.

  Thanks,

  Eric