[Instantrails-users] Typo 2.6.0: Typo Themes missing graphics.

David Morton mortonda at dgrmm.net
Wed Nov 16 16:30:19 EST 2005

Curt Hibbs wrote:
> Thanks for posting this. I'm planning to include typo as a preinstaled
> sample app in Instant Rails, and your experience will definitely save me
> a bunch of time.

On that note.... I'm working with a couple others on a problem related to typo
and scgi... Either some routing code has to be rewritten or some other patch to
make caching work with scgi.  If you mount scgi on the root url:

SCGIMount /

then all requests are passed into SCGI, and cached pages are not scooped up by
the webserver correctly. No caching! ack!

The workaround is to mount SCGI on a sub-folder:

SCGIMount /scgi-bin/

and then use mod_rewrite to map things over if the file doesn't exist:

RewriteRule ^([^.]+)$ $1.html [QSA]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ /scgi-bin/$1 [QSA,L]

But now all your application urls have a /scgi-bin/ prefix on them, so you have
to mess with routes to clean it up.  A messy business for typo, because it uses
quite a few routes.

What I propose, but haven't  figured out yet, is some sort of
map.base_path('/scgi-bin') that would automatically be stripped out of the
request string before further processing.

- --
David Morton
Maia Mailguard                        - http://www.maiamailguard.com
Morton Software Design and Consulting - http://www.dgrmm.net