[Instantrails-users] Where did I go wrong?

DeeJay smartgpx at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 18:29:22 EST 2005

It is easy to overlook (I know, because I have done it!) the Second of
the instructions under Install and Verify:

 " Make sure the installation path does not contain any space characters "

That rules out using "C:\Program Files\" , for example.

(I assume that the directory path rewriting that is carried out when
Instant Rails spots that its installation directory has changed gets
confused by the spaces in such strings, and produces an installation
where some of the paths are invalid. It's not a bug, it's a documented
feature!)

DJ