[Instantrails-users] Where did I go wrong?

Will Shattuck willshattuck at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 14:59:13 EST 2005

On 11/15/05, Kyle Burnett <kyle at messageshop.com> wrote:

> Man, I'm running into one thing after another with InstantRails. Either the
> download is missing a few things or else my configuration is off. I'm going
> to guess it's the later of the two.
>
> So I download, unzip, and start it and it should update everything on it's
> own, right?
>
> Then why is mine not finding rubygems? I install that manually and then it
> can't find zlib. So I install that manually and then it can't find scgi
> stuff. So install that manually and now it can't rind RubyGem rails.
>
> Good lord, how did I create such a train wreck with this simple install?

Here is what I did to get InstantRails working.  If you want to try
this way, and haven't already created a bunch of stuff, I would
suggest deleting your existing InstantRails install.

1.  I downloaded the zip file
2.  I unzipped the zip file
3.  I moved the folder "InstantRails" to the root of my drive
4.  I double clicked "InstantRails.exe" and clicked OK
5.  I followed the instructions in the README for getting the
www.mycookbook.com app running
6.  Tested in the web browser.

That should work for you.  let us know :)

--
Will
--------

When you get to your wit's end, you'll find God lives there.