[Instantrails-users] new user; getting some errors

Curt Hibbs curt.hibbs at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 10:47:07 EST 2005

On 11/15/05, Kyle Burnett <kyle at messageshop.com> wrote:

>  I get the same error as I do when I create a new rails app…
>
>  … in `require`: No such file to load – rubygems (LoadError) from …
>
>  I guess I need to track down why this one is happening.

Make sure you are opening your console window via Instant Rails menu (Rails
Applications >> Open Ruby Console Window), or click on the "Create New Rails
App" button (they both do the same thing). This opens a console window that
has ruby\bin on the path.

Alternately, if you don't have any other copy of Ruby installed, you can
just add ...\ruby\bin on your system path. Then you can open a console
window any way you like.