[Instantrails-users] new user; getting some errors

Curt Hibbs curt.hibbs at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 22:42:28 EST 2005

On 11/14/05, Kyle Burnett <kyle at messageshop.com> wrote:
>  Hey there, I'm a newbie to Ruby and Rails. Curious issues with
> InstantRails.
>  I unzip and put everything directly on my C drive. I start InstantRails
> and it updates it's conf stuff. I then update my host file and go to
> www.mycookbook.com <http://www.mycookbook.com/> and get the following
> error:
>  Application error (Apache)

You probably haven't started the SCGI application server for the cookbook

   - In the main menu, select Rails Applications > Manage Rails

   - Check the checkbox next to the cookbook application.

   - Click on the Start SCGI button. A minimized console window will
   appear. This contains the cookbook web app running through an SCGI server.

   - Wait a few seconds to make sure the cookbook web app is fully
   initialized (nothing is displayed in the console window). Open your browser
   and go to:

  http://www.mycookbook.com/ Curt