[Instantrails-users] new user; getting some errors

Kyle Burnett kyle at messageshop.com
Mon Nov 14 18:55:55 EST 2005

Hey there, I'm a newbie to Ruby and Rails. Curious issues with InstantRails.

I unzip and put everything directly on my C drive. I start InstantRails and
it updates it's conf stuff. I then update my host file and go to
www.mycookbook.com <http://www.mycookbook.com/>  and get the following

Application error (Apache)

Change this error message for exceptions thrown outside of an action (like
in Dispatcher setups or broken Ruby code) in public.500.html

I also try to go and create a new rails app and I get this error:

C:/InstantRails/ruby/bin/rails:9:in `require`: No such file to load -

(Load Error)

            From C:/InstantRails/ruby/bin/rails/:9

I've tried snooping around online but this is all pretty new so there's not
a lot of docs yet.