[Instantrails-users] preview7 application error 500

Curt Hibbs curt.hibbs at gmail.com
Sat Dec 17 12:01:01 EST 2005

On 12/17/05, Manfred Usselmann <usselmann.m at icg-online.de> wrote:

> This problem seems to result from the fact that the DOS box from 'Start
> SCGI-Server' disappears after a few seconds. It contains some text but
> there is not enough time to read it.
>
> Any idea what could be the problem?
> Does Start SCGI-Server use a command file where I could add a pause, so
> that I can see if there is any error message displayed?

Definitely, the SCGI server has some problem that is causing it to crash or
not start up in the first place. Two things to try...

First, check the scgi.log file to see if there's any useful info in there.
You'll find it at:

    rails_apps\typo-2.6.0\log\scgi.log

Second, as you suggested, you can start the SCGI server manually by:

1) Opening a Ruby command window using "Rails Applications >> Open Ruby
Console Window"

2) Move into the typo subdirectory: "cd typo-2.6.0"

3) Run the command "ruby ..\..\ruby\bin\scgi_service"