[Instantrails-users] preview7 application error 500

Larry Kelly larry at tellinkltd.com
Sat Dec 17 12:16:45 EST 2005

I noticed that also.  Try this:

In each app,  add a log folder.  Inside that create a 'development.log'
file.  This worked for me.

rails_app/cookbook/log/development.log

rails_app/typo2.6.0/log/development.log

Now the SCGI dox window should stay open with no errors. It probably won't
resolve the 'apache 500' error though.
--Larry

On 12/17/05, Manfred Usselmann <usselmann.m at icg-online.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I installed the latest InstantRails version and configured it using the
> instructions on the web site.
>
> Unfortunately I get both for typo and cookbook the following error:

> Application error (Apache)
>
> Change this error message for exceptions thrown outside of an action
> (like in Dispatcher setups or broken Ruby code) in public/500.html
>
> The Apache error log contains
> [Sat Dec 17 17:07:13 2005] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] (10061)Unknown
> error: scgi: connecting to server
>
> This problem seems to result from the fact that the DOS box from 'Start
> SCGI-Server' disappears after a few seconds. It contains some text but
> there is not enough time to read it.
>
> Any idea what could be the problem?
> Does Start SCGI-Server use a command file where I could add a pause, so
> that I can see if there is any error message displayed?
>
> Thanks,
> Manfred

Best Regards,
-Larry
"Work, work, work...there is no satisfactory alternative."
            --- E.Taft Benson