[Instantrails-users] preview7 application error 500

Manfred Usselmann usselmann.m at icg-online.de
Sat Dec 17 11:42:26 EST 2005

I installed the latest InstantRails version and configured it using the
instructions on the web site.

Unfortunately I get both for typo and cookbook the following error:

Application error (Apache)

Change this error message for exceptions thrown outside of an action
(like in Dispatcher setups or broken Ruby code) in public/500.html

The Apache error log contains
[Sat Dec 17 17:07:13 2005] [error] [client] (10061)Unknown
error: scgi: connecting to server

This problem seems to result from the fact that the DOS box from 'Start
SCGI-Server' disappears after a few seconds. It contains some text but
there is not enough time to read it.

Any idea what could be the problem?
Does Start SCGI-Server use a command file where I could add a pause, so
that I can see if there is any error message displayed?