[Instantrails-users] stupid MySQL question

Curt Hibbs curt.hibbs at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 13:00:19 EST 2005

On 12/14/05, Beet <btrang at gmail.com> wrote:

> Sorry for the dumb question, but I have no experience with using
> databases.
>
> How do I open up the MySQL db within the InstantRails subdirectory to
> create a new database?  Is there a GUI available?  Or else how would I
> create one on the command line?

In the main Instant Rails menu (clikc on the "I" button or press the Alt
key), select "Configure >> Database". This will bring up PhpMyAdmin in your
browser, which is a GUI interface to the database. In the "MySQL" column,
click on the link "Databases".

In the result web page you'll see there is a form for creating a new
database.