[Instantrails-users] Upgrading Instant Rails to Rails 1.0 RC5 (aka 0.14.4)

Frank Hale frankhale at gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 14:41:02 EST 2005

That's what google says. I reinstalled Instant Rails, updated and
don't seem to be getting that error anymore. What I get now is a
NoMethodError when I try to call the find function from within my
model. I have a simple test app with just one call to 'find' in my
model for a simple table that stores a username and a hashed password.
This all works fine on Linux / Rails 0.14.3 but refuses to work on
Instant Rails either 0.14.3 or 0.14.4. I'm using only Webrick to test.
I'm not using Apache / SCGI because they are overkill for me.

On 12/9/05, Curt Hibbs <curt.hibbs at gmail.com> wrote:
> The pure Ruby bindings are included with Rails, but the C based bindings are
> not. Obviously the Ruby bindings are there or you would not have gotten a
> connection to lose.
>
> Are you saying that the answers you found indicated that installing the C
> based bindings would solve this problem?
>
> Curt
>
> On 12/9/05, Frank Hale <frankhale at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Ok, after updating I was having some weird problems with Instant
> > Rails. Now I'm now getting the following error:
> >
> > Lost connection to MySQL server during query
> >
> > After googling seems every answer to this problem is the fact that the
> > MySQL Ruby bindings are not installed. Is there a Win32 port of them
> > somewhere?
> >
> > On 12/9/05, Frank Hale <frankhale at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Anyone having any trouble with the update? I have a model that uses
> > > the find method and it refuses to return any data now. It doesn't
> > > error out, I just don't get what I expect to get. Worked fine on Linux
> > > with Rails 0.14.3 but does not work on Instant Rails with 0.14.4

"This life is built on match sticks and can crumble at anytime. I'm on
the top floor and I sway in the opposite direction of the wind to
counter act the force of gravity."