[patch] fix crash on sub-indices

mental at rydia.net mental at rydia.net
Fri Jun 24 13:13:29 EDT 2005

Quoting William Morgan <wmorgan-hobix-is-the-way at masanjin.net>:

> Try this. If people find the double-slashes disturbing, we can
> gsub or Pathname them away, but they're harmless AFAIK.

So... huh.

Actually for correctness this should probably be:

 full_out_path = File.join( @output_path,
                            vars[:page].link.split( '/' ) )

(which also automatically dispenses with any double slash issues)

But... why wasn't the truncation normally a problem?

It looks like the real bug is upstream -- downstream code expects a
leading / and for whatever reason the code setting up
somecategory/index.xml isn't providing it (while most other things
do).

What's different about somecategory/index.xml versus e.g.
somecategory/somepost.html ?

-mental