[gltail] glTail on IOS...

Erlend Simonsen mr at fudgie.org
Tue Nov 29 01:51:27 EST 2011

Over the summer I started rewriting glTail for iOS devices, and it is now
available on the Apple App Store. Visit
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/gltail/id482374785 if you're interested.

It runs beautifully on the iPad and iPhone 4 & 4S, and works on the 3GS but
is somewhat limited due to the display resolution of the older models.

At the moment it only supports Apache/Nginx (in Extended Common Log Format)
and Rails 2.3+ logs. A bit further down the road, it will be possible to
write your own parser server side, and display the result on the iOS
version so you can see your proprietary logs as well.

As the iPhone / iPad code runs glTail swimmingly, I might attempt to add in
physics there as well, I just wanted to get something out there first to
gauge the interest in something like this on those devices.

What do you think?

-- Erlend