[Georuby-devel] Compatibility with Rails 1.2.x?

Leo Soto M. leo.soto at gmail.com
Tue May 6 15:51:26 EDT 2008

Hi all,

I'm testing the Spatial Adapter plugin, but it didn't worked inside a
project that uses Rails 1.2.3. Here is what I get with almost every
rake command after importing the plugin:

rake aborted!
undefined method `disable_referential_integrity' for class
`ActiveRecord::ConnectionAdapters::PostgreSQLAdapter'
[...]/vendor/plugins/spatial_adapter/lib/post_gis_adapter.rb:241

AFAICS, the PostGIS adapter is aliasing and redefining the
disable_referential_integrity method. But that method was introduced
on a more recent Rails version (I'd say 2.0). Looking at the adapter
source, seems like the intention is to remain compatible with multiple
Rails versions.

I'd be happy to submit a patch to conditionally apply the aliasing
only if the method exists on PostgreSQLAdapter. But I prefer to
confirm first if that this is intended behavior.

--
Leo Soto M.
http://blog.leosoto.com