[Georuby-devel] post_gis_adapter's to_yaml function

Guilhem Vellut guilhem.vellut at gmail.com
Wed May 31 01:12:00 EDT 2006

Hello Doug,

I don't have all the elements to solve your problem. When you write "looking
through the yaml code it looks like there's an optional options hash", what
yaml code are you referring to? And how are you trying to use the method?

If you use it in fixtures, the to_yaml method for geometries is used the
following way:

first:

  id: 1

  data: HELLO WORLD

  value: 3

geom: <%= Geometry.from_ewkt('POINT(1.4 5.67)').to_yaml %>

And it outputs the canonical representation of the geometry for the target
database (HexEWKB for PostGIS).

guilhem

  _____