[Georuby-devel] MySQL Point in unit test

Wayne Kao wayne at waynekao.com
Thu May 11 04:14:50 EDT 2006

Is there a way to express a MySQL Point in Rails YML for a model unit test?

I've been trying something like this but it doesn't work since it becomes
quoted and turns into 'GeomFromText(\'POINT(0 0)\')'

  id: 1

  some_point: GeomFromText('POINT(0 0)')

  created_on: 2002-12-30

  updated_on: 2002-12-30

I can't make it NULL either since MySQL enforces that geospatial columns be
non-NULL.  So unless someone has an idea, my only option would be to not
have a unit test for this model, which would be devastating.