[Georuby-devel] as_hex_wkb vs as_hex_binary

Chris Ingrassia Chris.Ingrassia at fortiusone.com
Tue May 2 09:45:49 EDT 2006

	Quick question to clear up some confusion on my end... just pulled
in the latest GeoRuby gem update and latest rev from the
mysql_spatial_adapter repo (which was probably my first mistake... it
wasn't really broken, so I probably shouldn't have been fixing it :).

	My tests started failing raising an exception from line 77 of
mysql_spatial_adapter.rb, which looks like:

		"GeomFromWKB(0x#{value.as_hex_binary(2,false)},#{value.srid})"

	Changing it to "value.as_hex_wkb" instead of "value.as_hex_binary
(2,false)" cleared it right up, but which one is "correct"?  Is
as_hex_binary going/gone, or is that line still technically correct
within the scope of the next version?