[fxruby-users] FXRuby installs broken on linux and Mac OSX

Alwin Alwin.Eekhoff at t-online.de
Fri May 11 14:50:12 UTC 2012

I installed Linux Mint on my testing equipment. As far as I know is
Linux Mint a popular fork of Ubuntu.

Trying    #gem install fxruby
generates a failure. I'm a beginner with fxruby so I can only assume
there might be a problem with path finding. FxRuby on OpenBSD works
fine. But Linux and BSD use different paths:

Linux: /usr/bin/lib/ruby/....
BSD:   /usr/local/lib/ruby/...

Regards, Alwin

gem_make.out:

/usr/bin/ruby1.8 extconf.rb
*** extconf.rb failed ***
necessary libraries and/or headers.  Check the mkmf.log file for more
details.  You may need configuration options.

Provided configuration options:
	--with-opt-dir
	--without-opt-dir
	--with-opt-include
	--without-opt-include=${opt-dir}/include
	--with-opt-lib
	--without-opt-lib=${opt-dir}/lib
	--with-make-prog
	--without-make-prog
	--srcdir=.
	--curdir
	--ruby=/usr/bin/ruby1.8
	--with-fox-dir
	--without-fox-dir
	--with-fox-include
	--without-fox-include=${fox-dir}/include
	--with-fox-lib
	--without-fox-lib=${fox-dir}/lib
	--with-fxscintilla-dir
	--without-fxscintilla-dir
	--with-fxscintilla-include
	--without-fxscintilla-include=${fxscintilla-dir}/include
	--with-fxscintilla-lib
	--without-fxscintilla-lib=${fxscintilla-dir}/lib
extconf.rb:31:in `find_installed_fox_version': couldn't find FOX header
files (RuntimeError)
	from extconf.rb:133