[fxruby-users] fxruby-1.6.22.pre4

Lars Kanis lars at greiz-reinsdorf.de
Thu Feb 16 20:20:32 UTC 2012

Hi fxruby-users,

I just pushed "fxruby-1.6.22.pre4.gem" to rubygems.org. You can install it
with "gem install fxruby --pre".

This release solves all segfault issues I'm aware of. The test suite
now passes with --gc-stress
and without invalid memory accesses monitored with valgrind. It is
certainly still possible to write
code that crashes ruby (like using nil as parent window), but correct
code shouldn't crash.

The only new feature is proper pixel based access in FXImage and
derived classes. You can now
easily load jpegs as textures in OpenGL and vice versa save rendered
images back into jpegs.

I'll release 1.6.22 after the weekend, if no one complains...

* Allow better access to raw pixel data of FXImage and derivatives
* Add alias FXApp#modalWindow, as described in rdoc
* Add quality parameter to FXJPGImage and FXJPGIcon
* Fix invalid memory access in final GC call when using FXMenuCommand
with acckey
* Fix double referenced foxObj when borrowed object registration is
triggered from C++
* Fix Segfault while GC'ing FXWindows
* Fix 'object allocation not allowed while garbage collection' bug
* Fix clipboard handling on windows

Kind regards,