[fxruby-users] Finish Button disappears on last panel of FXWizard

Martin Schöttler martin.schoettler at matique.de
Thu Sep 15 23:53:06 EDT 2011

Hi Patrick,

I see the same issue: Connecting the buttons (advanceButton, finishButton)
by SEL_COMMAND does not yield the desired result. But connecting the
FXWizard object to SEL_UPDATE works:

    wiz.connect( SEL_UPDATE ){ ... }

In the block you may check which screen is the current one by

    wiz.container.current

(0 for the first screen, 1 for the second ) and whether the Wizard has been
finished

    wiz.shown?

(true if not finished, false if finished).

As the SEL_UPDATE event comes periodically, I firstly check whether
something has changed, and leave the block immediately if not:

    @current = -1
    wiz.connect( SEL_UPDATE ){
      exit unless wiz.shown? # finish has been pressed
      unless @current == wiz.container.current
        @current = wiz.containter.current
        ... # now call a handler for the current page
      end
    }

It took me some hours to come to this solution, as I found only few hints
for FXRuby/FXWizard by Google. I hope there are no misspellings in the
solution above, as I now write this down from memory.

Martin