[fxruby-users] Multiline text widget with text wrap without scroll bars?

Lyle Johnson lyle at lylejohnson.name
Tue Sep 7 16:43:10 EDT 2010

On Tue, Sep 7, 2010 at 3:07 PM, Ralph Shnelvar <ralphs at dos32.com> wrote:

> Does a multiline widget with text wrap capability exist that does not have scroll bars?
> I attempted to set the visible attribute to the child scroll bars to false in an FXText tool .... but that does not seem to work.

The code for my first attempt, just seeing what an FXText with
wordwrap turned on looks like, is here:

When I run this one, I don't get a horizontal scrollbar but I do see a
vertical one. So I looked at the API documentation and saw that FXText
is a subclass of FXScrollArea, then looked at that class'
documentation to see what its options are. The code for my second
attempt is here:

The only difference here is in the options passed to FXText.new (I
mixed-in VSCROLLER_NEVER to turn off the vertical scrollbar). When I
run this version, I don't get either scrollbar.