[fxruby-users] Multiline text widget with text wrap without scroll bars?

Ralph Shnelvar ralphs at dos32.com
Tue Sep 7 16:07:13 EDT 2010

dave,

Of course I tried.  I spent hours.  I have scoured the 'Net, read Lyle's book, looked at the hierarchies.  Nothing I have tried has turned off the damned scroll bars in a FXText object.

I, of course, tried to run babelfish.rb.

Of course, it wouldn't run ...
- - -
babelfish.rb:4:in `require': no such file to load -- tranexp (LoadError)
        from babelfish.rb:4
- - -

So I installed the gem.

Reran ...
- - -
babelfish.rb:4:in `require': no such file to load -- tranexp (LoadError)
        from babelfish.rb:4
- - -

A mystery since     gem list --local produces (in part)
  tranexp (1.0.1)

I don't know what screen output babelfish is supposed to generate, but I am simply unable to create a FXText object that does not present scroll bars to the user.

Ralph