[fxruby-users] Can you display bullets in labels?

Lyle Johnson lyle at lylejohnson.name
Wed Mar 31 10:44:27 EDT 2010

On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 5:17 PM, Paul Carvalho <tester.paul at gmail.com> wrote:

> I want to display some points in a section of a window using bullets similar
> to the HTML <li>.  Is that possible in FXRuby?  I couldn't find any examples
> to help me do this.
> I am trying to put these points into a label field - e.g.:
> bullet_point_1 = FXLabel.new(contents, " o Something important")
> I tried pasting the actual symbol into the string but it displays a square
> in the app UI.  How can I show symbols?  I was also wondering about the
> copyright (c) symbol.

It's possible (well, likely) that the bullet symbol that you pasted in
failed to display properly because it wasn't there in the font that
your UI was using. You'd want to first confirm that those characters
(bullet, or copyright) are available in your GUI's font, and then find
out what character code to embed in the string.

If you just wanted bullets, I also second Bartosz's suggestion of
adding an icon to the label, on its left side.