[fxruby-users] How do you enable a button for any option change in UI?

dave L dglnz at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 22 16:54:42 EDT 2010

Hi Paul,

you need to have this sort of thing.

have 2 buttons
1 enabled 1 not & when you click on the enabled button you disable it and enable the other.

there could be better ways but this I hope shows you how in a simple fashion.

def init
  @button1.enabled = false
@button2.connect(Fox::SEL_COMMAND){
@button1.enabled = true
@button2.enabled = false
}

@button1.connect(Fox::SEL_COMMAND){
@button2.enabled = true
@button1.enabled = false
}
end

if you want send via private email what you have and I can try to help you or do something to get you going.

in regards to writing to file try this...

this always OVER WRITES the data file. a+ appends onto the end of the file - all in the Rdocs for ruby 1.X.x

out = File.new('config.dat',"w+")

out.write "this is put to the config file\n"

out.write "this is another line in the config file\n"
out.write "this is a 3rd line"
out.write "Is this a 4th line?"

out.close

now what you should see if something like this (if i have it right - thinking off the cuff here :)

this is put to the config file
this is another line in the config file
this is a 3rd lineIs this a 4th line?

The '\n' is the newline character you need to put in to have a newline appear in the disk file.

HTH