[fxruby-users] How do you enable a button for any option change in UI?

Paul Carvalho tester.paul at gmail.com
Mon Mar 22 14:58:00 EDT 2010

I have an app that has 2 basic purposes: (1) configure options, (2) generate
report.  Imagine a simple layout - for example, the standard FXRuby
"button.rb" script.  In addition to the elements on that app, I have another
button called "Save configuration".

What I want to do is this: the 'save config' button is disabled by default
when you start the app.  If the user makes *any* change to any of the
options, I want the 'save config' button to automatically enable.

Of course, that's my first problem.  Once I've figured out that part, I'll
need to figure out how to read & write the options to a separate file.  Any
help someone can provide me with this problem would be greatly appreciated.
Again, feel free to use the button.rb script as a working example, because
that's what I'm using to try and figure this out.

Thanks.  Paul.