[fxruby-users] Continuing to get random segmentation fault with .fillItem method

Alex DeCaria Alex.Decaria at millersville.edu
Tue Mar 16 21:58:01 EDT 2010

I'm continuing to get random segmentation faults, usually when using the fillItems method on a listBox.  The problem is very random.  Sometimes the program will run for a while without a problem, but then at some point it crashes while calling fillItems.  I did an internet search and found a post from two years ago on a different forum from someone having the exact same problem (see http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/cgi-bin/scat.rb/ruby/ruby-talk/282884).  I haven't been able to find if/how they resolved it.  Unfortunately, it's making me rethink the whole FXRuby route for creating GUI's, which is too bad because I really like it otherwise.

Can anybody shed some light on this?  I've attached my code (I've completely reworked it, and gone over it several times and don't see anything I'm doing that would cause it to segmentation fault).