[fxruby-users] getting text being entered into an FXTable cell

Will Parsons wbparsons at cshore.com
Tue Mar 16 21:04:13 EDT 2010

I have an application that uses an FXTable widget, and when the contents
of a cell is being edited, I want to anticipate what the user wishes to
enter (by matching the text with a previous entry), and present that for
completion.  (This is similar to how Excel works.)  I've attempted to do
this by using the FXTable getItem(currentRow, currentColumn).text method
when a SEL_KEYRELEASE message is received, but this gets the previous text
of the cell, rather than the text that is currently being entered.

I could of course collect the keys pressed in response to SEL_KEYRELEASE
in a private buffer, but this would mean I would have to do complicated
processing of the keys entered, which must be already being done elsewhere?