[fxruby-users] foxGUIb GUI and code separation question

Paul Carvalho tester.paul at gmail.com
Fri Mar 12 11:04:13 EST 2010

Hello Dave, thank you for your reply.  The sample code you sent in your
private reply helped me fix the code to make it work.

Here's a summary of what I tried and did until I got it to work:

1) original code from the web site didn't work.
- when I ran it, I get the error: "no such file to load -- FX (LoadError)"

=> The problem seems to be with the "require 'FX'" line

- I noticed in your sample program you included the same lines from your GUI
script, so I changed the following lines from:

    require 'FX'

    require 'libGUIb16'

-> And now I don't get the "cannot load file" error.

2) File loads, code still doesn't work.  Now when I run the ExtendsInches.rb
script, I get the following error:
>rubyw ExtendInches.rb
ExtendInches.rb:6:in `init': uninitialized constant InchesX::SEL_COMMAND
    from ./InchesX.rb:6:in `initialize'
    from ExtendInches.rb:19:in `new'
    from ExtendInches.rb:19
>Exit code: 1

-> This is where the sample code you sent in your follow-up reply really
helped me.
I changed the following line from:

-> and now the script works!!! =)

Someone should probably update the code in the foxGUIb guide.  This was very
frustrating to try and figure out.

Thanks for your help!  Cheers!  Paul.