[fxruby-users] foxGUIb GUI and code separation question

Paul Carvalho tester.paul at gmail.com
Thu Mar 11 23:19:44 EST 2010

Hi there, I created the sample program from the foxGUIb guide and it worked

Then I tried the example where the GUI and code are separated (i.e. see
http://www.mikeparr.info/rubyguib/firstprog.htm ) but I can't get it to

When I run the ExtendInches.rb script (exact code on the above page), I get
the following error:
>rubyw ExtendInches.rb
`gem_original_require': no such file to load -- FX (LoadError)
    from c:/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:27:in
    from ExtendInches.rb:15
>Exit code: 1

What am I missing?

I tried changing the "#unit test" code to match the code from the InchesX.rb
script but then I get a different error - still doesn't work.

Please help.  TIA.