[fxruby-users] FXRuby and 64-Bit Windows OS

Alex DeCaria Alex.Decaria at millersville.edu
Tue Mar 2 15:30:00 EST 2010

I have to amend my earlier statement.  The program just exhibited the same behavior on my 32-bit Windows OS, so it's obviously not an OS issue, and likely due to my own faulty programming skills.  This is my first attempt at an FXRuby application (I'm converting from TK) and I'm not doing something correctly.

The application runs just fine for a while, but after enough use (clicking on various list boxes) eventually gives the segmentation error.

I've attached it in case anyone is bored enough and has the time/inclination to look at it and can give me some pointers as to how to clean it up and use a better programming idiom.  The code is ugly, I know, because it is my first try.

Sorry for my original mistake of thinking it was the OS.