[fxruby-users] Class with looping objects

Joey Kinsella jkinsella at ancillaryservices.com
Mon Mar 1 09:43:00 EST 2010

Couldn't you just do:

def initialize
  # ...
  button = FXButton.new(frame, "Run").connect(SEL_COMMAND, method(:matcher))
  # ...
end

def matcher(sender, selector, data)
  # ...
  self.close # (true) # if you want to notify the messaging system.
end

or well, something along those lines.. button is a reference to an FXButton
object, It should never equal SEL_KEYRELEASE in this respect. Also the code
above is assuming that it's an object which extends FXMainWindow.

Hope this helps,
-Joey

On Mon, Mar 1, 2010 at 6:09 AM, Stuart Clarke <stuart_clarke86 at yahoo.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a GUI which triggers an object to do some stuff, when you press the
> FXButton it calls matcher e.g.
>
> button = FXButton.new(frame, "Run").connect(SEL_COMMAND, method(:matcher))
>
> This button remains in a pressed state until the object has finished
> running, when it is complete the button pops back up. I am trying to add a
> popup box to respond to the button popping up (or processing finished) like
> so:
>
> if button == SEL_KEYRELEASE
>   FXMessageBox.information(self, MBOX_OK, "Complete")
>   mainwindow.close
> end
>
> This however does not work, any ideas how I can acheive this?
>
> Many thanks

that any dissemination, distribution, copying or other use of
this communication is strictly prohibited.  If you have
received this communication in error, please notify us
immediately.