[fxruby-users] FXTextField.connect(SEL_CHANGED)

Joey Kinsella jkinsella at ancillaryservices.com
Thu Jul 29 11:00:14 EDT 2010

gem server
http://127.0.0.1:8808/doc_root/fxruby-1.6.16/rdoc/index.html

under FXText::setText

 setText(text, notify=false)
<http://127.0.0.1:8808/doc_root/fxruby-1.6.16/rdoc/classes/Fox/FXText.src/M002482.html>

Change the text If *notify* is true, SEL_INSERTED and SEL_CHANGED messages
are sent to the text widget‘s message target after the
new<http://127.0.0.1:8808/doc_root/fxruby-1.6.16/rdoc/classes/Fox/FXText.html#M002460>text
is set.

In any case http://www.fxruby.org/doc/api/ seems to have the latest
documentation as well.

As far as source goes, under linux you can find it under:
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/fxruby-1.6.16/ext/fox16

Where 1.6.16 would be replaced with the version of fxruby you are running.

On Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 10:52 AM, Ralph Shnelvar <ralphs at dos32.com> wrote:

>  Lyle,
>

> Thank you for your attempt, Lyle.
>

> As far as I can tell, the setText does, indeed, set the text but does not
> signal SEL_CHANGED.
>

> Where can I find the source to FXRuby? I don't want to build ... I just
> want the source because I could not find any documentation that shows that
> setText takes two parameters.
>

> Ralph
>

> Wednesday, July 28, 2010, 9:55:39 PM, you wrote:
>

> LJ> On Jul 28, 2010, at 5:35 PM, Ralph Shnelvar <ralphs at dos32.com> wrote:
>
> >> When I do an assignment to the text in a FXTextField, SEL_CHANGED is not
> raised.
>

> LJ> Try calling setText("new value", true) on the FXTextField instead of
> assigning to the "text" attribute. That should
>
> LJ> cause it to notify the text field's target of the SEL_CHANGED event.

> --
>
> Best regards,
>
>  Ralph                            mailto:ralphs at dos32.com<ralphs at dos32.com>

that any dissemination, distribution, copying or other use of
this communication is strictly prohibited.  If you have
received this communication in error, please notify us
immediately.