[fxruby-users] Alternative to QT

Nataraj S Narayan natarajsn at gmail.com
Tue Jul 20 01:45:16 EDT 2010

Hi Lyle and other friends

I am working on at91sam9263 single board Arm9, 200Mhz gadgets, with 64M Ram
and 256M Nand flash . At one time I was  creating prototypes in fxruby for
the said board. Things were going quite well, and I was trying to convince
the managent to stick to fox lib and ruby, when they moved into the
direction of Qt-embedded-linux-opensouce 4.5.2 ,which works without X
windows, but on the  frame buffer device.

Presently all coding is on Qt + C++, which I find terribly boring as well
requiring too much man hours and man power.

May I know if there is any chance to work on getting fxruby on a /dev/fb0 ?
I beleive there are lots of prospective markets where one can employ the
ease and flexibilty and joy of coding in Ruby and fox ,if we could embark on
a project to get foxlib to work on framebuffer device.

Warm regards

Nataraj S Narayan