[fxruby-users] Where is the documentation?

Ralph Shnelvar ralphs at dos32.com
Mon Jul 19 15:15:17 EDT 2010

Monday, July 19, 2010, 12:40:55 PM, you wrote:

LJ> On Mon, Jul 19, 2010 at 9:25 AM, Ralph Shnelvar <ralphs at dos32.com> wrote:

>> What unit is columnWidth in?  I presume pixels ... sigh.

LJ> I think you can safely assume that the units of measurement for most
LJ> things onscreen are pixels.

>> Is there better documentation anywhere else?

LJ> There's not a lot of documentation, but this page at the FXRuby site
LJ> offers a few leads:

LJ>     http://www.fxruby.org/documentation.html

LJ> Specifically, there's a book, some tutorials, and a community Wiki site.

I bought the electronic version of your book, Lyle, and I quote from it:

  Online Documentation
  Despite rumors to the contrary, there is actually a good deal of online
  documentation for both FOX and FXRuby, if you know where to look
  for it.

So ... which is it: "There's not a lot of documentation" or there is a good deal of online documentation?

- - -

Lyle, you wrote a great book (Yes he did, Folks!)... but even offhand comments like the one I quoted from your book, above, can cause people to make assumptions and investments that they might not otherwise make.