[fxruby-users] FXTreeList & RAA

Lyle Johnson lyle at lylejohnson.name
Tue Jul 13 11:07:59 EDT 2010

On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 9:59 AM, Ralph Shnelvar <ralphs at dos32.com> wrote:

> I am attempting to run
>   ruby\lib\ruby\gems\1.8\gems\fxruby-1.6.12-mswin32\examples\raabrowser.rb
> But I am getting some sort of xml error.
> Tkis file is undocumented in the readme but I was hoping to (maybe) use it as the basis of my application.
> I am clueless what RAA means in this context.   Wikipedia search finds...

It's the Ruby Application Archive (http://raa.ruby-lang.org/).

The RAA web site provides, or used to provide, a SOAP
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SOAP) interface. The raabrowser.rb
example program uses this SOAP interface to query the RAA for
information about the packages therein, and then presents the results
in an FXTreeList.