[fxruby-users] Class with looping objects

Stuart Clarke stuart_clarke86 at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 26 14:38:06 EST 2010

Hi all,

Apologies if this is a stupid question but it is getting the best of me.

I have a class which contains a GUI object which has serveral text fields and buttons which when used trigger the use of further objects which all loop through data, the structure is as follows:

class
def GUI
GUI calls object1
end
def object1 loops through some data one entry at a time and for each entry passes to a new object
end
def object2 loops through passed data and does stuff
end
then the next bit of data does the same thing in object1

What I need is a gui that pops up when my script runs through all of objects for each bit of data. Any ideas? I just need to know when the loop is complete, at present I press the go button on my fx GUI and it stays pressed in until all processing is done then pops back out. At this point I need a Gui.

I hope this makes sense,

Many thanks