[fxruby-users] Enabling/disabling checkbuttons

Paul Carvalho tester.paul at gmail.com
Thu Feb 25 12:17:21 EST 2010

2010/2/25 Bartosz Dziewoński wrote:

> > I have some nested check boxes (checkbuttons) in a group that I want to
> > enable/disable based on when another checkbutton is set.
> Just connect event handler to the main one and make it gray/degray the
> other one.

Sorry, I'm a beginner.  Do you know if there are any example scripts that
show this behaviour?  To be honest, I have no idea how to do what you
describe.  I googled for hours to try and find something to help me.  I even
skimmed through the FXRuby book but didn't find an example like this.
Granted, I haven't read the whole book yet, so it's possible the answer
might be in there somewhere.

To make it more interesting, I actually want to do this twice in the same
list.  That is:
[ ] include all (enables/disables all below)
    [] item 1
    [] item 2, include sub-list (enables/disables nested sub-items)
       [] sub-item 1
       [] sub-item 2
    [] item 3

Thanks for the reply.  Cheers!  Paul.