[fxruby-users] FXRuby and Ruby 1.9

Lyle Johnson lyle at lylejohnson.name
Thu Feb 18 09:09:58 EST 2010

On Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 7:04 AM, Alex DeCaria
<alex.decaria at millersville.edu> wrote:

> Forgive the post to this forum.  The FXRuby forum doesn't seem to be
> very active.

Not sure what forum you're talking about, but as noted on the FXRuby
home page, we have a mailing list for questions like these:

    http://www.fxruby.org/community.html

I'm pretty sure you didn't post there (or maybe I just missed this question).

> I'm running a script to open a file dialog window.  The script works
> fine in Ruby 1.8.  In 1.9 the dialog box still opens and works, but I
> get a list of 44 error messages in the command window before it opens
> (the same two error messages repeated 22 times).  The error messages
> are:
>
> FXCursor.cpp(281): FXASSERT(GetSystemMetrics(SM_CXCURSOR)==32) failed.
> FXCursor.cpp(282): FXASSERT(GetSystemMetrics(SM_CYCURSOR)==32) failed.
>
> Any ideas why this may be happening?  I'm on a Windows 7 Professional,
> 64-bit OS.

I've already seen your follow-up e-mail, but yes, it appears to be a
difference between 32-bit and 64-bit Windows. This may be something
that can be fixed in the FOX library; it's not really anything that
can be addressed in the FXRuby layer.

Hope this helps,

Lyle