[fxruby-users] i18n messages

Joey Kinsella jkinsella at ancillaryservices.com
Wed Apr 28 11:43:40 EDT 2010

After further investigation, it's as easy as this:

require 'fox16'
include Fox

# Create a Translation Class
class ExampleTranslator < FXTranslator
  # tr() is called to translate the text
  # c = context
  # m = message
  # h = hint
  def tr(c, m, h)
    # here you would probably do something like Paul did with a file to map
stuff, but for an example I just matched on
    # one string.
    if(m == "Print Destination")
      # if text matches "Print Destination" translate to "Something totally
different"
      return ("Something totally different")
    end

    # otherwise we just return the message.
    return (m)
# End example Translation class.

# Basic stuff..
app = FXApp.new("Test", "Test")

# Set the translator for our application to be our Translator
app.translator = ExampleTranslator.new(app)

# More basic stuff.
win = FXMainWindow.new(app, "Test App", :opts => DECOR_ALL)
pd = FXPrintDialog.new(win, "Test")

app.create
win.show
pd.show

app.run

I realized after sending my email that the tr() function in FXTranslator was
virtual, and intended to be overwritten
by self-written algorithms.

Good luck :)

On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 10:28 AM, Reginaldo Francisco <naldo_ds at yahoo.com.br
> wrote:

>  Glancing through the FXRuby source I don't see anything additional or
>> different being done for the FXTranslator object. but that's just a glance..
>> Further investigation could yield something else.
>>

> It's that Joey, I did not find anything to do that, even how to use a
> FXTranslator!
>

> Reginaldo Francisco
> naldo_ds at yahoo.com.br

that any dissemination, distribution, copying or other use of
this communication is strictly prohibited.  If you have
received this communication in error, please notify us
immediately.