[fxruby-users] On Moving Away from RubyForge Services

Lyle Johnson lyle at lylejohnson.name
Mon Oct 26 17:46:26 EDT 2009

All,

As some of you may have heard, the default gem hosting repository will
soon transition away from RubyForge.org to a new site, RubyGems.org
(aka Gemcutter.org). Coincident with this transition will be a gradual
(?) phasing out of other RubyForge services, which I've written about
here:

	http://lylejohnson.name/blog/2009/10/26/wait-what-was-that-last-bit/

As I write near the end of that piece, I'm starting to think about
where some of these services (namely, FXRuby's bug tracker and mailing
list) should land after the dust settles. I list a couple of
possibilities in the blog, but I'd like to open up discussion here as
well for anyone who has opinions and experiences to offer. So, chime
in as you feel led!

Thanks,

Lyle

---
"FXRuby: Create Lean and Mean GUIs with Ruby"
Now available from the Pragmatic Bookshelf!
http://www.pragprog.com/titles/fxruby