[fxruby-users] Pre-release FXRuby binary gems for testing

Lyle Johnson lyle at lylejohnson.name
Tue Oct 20 16:42:52 EDT 2009

A couple of new build platforms have come into the picture since the
last FXRuby release and I'm trying to make sure they're supported.
That is to say, I want to be able to provide precompiled binary gems
so that users on those platforms don't have to build everything from
source. I think I'm there, but I could use your help testing if you
have access to either (1) the new, still under development MinGW-based
Ruby installer or (2) Mac OS X Snow Leopard.

Here is a binary installer for FXRuby 1.6 on Ruby 1.8.6, the MinGW
edition (the one being developed by Luis Lavena and co.):

And here is a binary gem for FXRuby 1.6 on Ruby 1.8.7, the one that
comes with Snow Leopard:

If you have the time and are willing to be a guinea pig, please
download and give it a short (and let me know how it goes). Remember,
the goal here is that the end-user doesn't have to have any of FOX's
numerous dependencies preinstalled to use these.